Erin loves to use dry ingredients from Bob's Red Mill.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup vegan powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 cup melted coconut oil, cooled slightly to room temperature
3 teaspoons unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine the gluten-free flour, brown rice flour, powdered sugar, salt, and xanthan gum in a mixer, and mix until well blended. Mixing with a whisk in a bowl is also fine.
- Add the coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla extract, and lemon extract to the dry mix. Mix until completely blended and the dough is even.
- Roll the dough into a log on a floured surface. Cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll the dough out flat between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper. Use cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on a rack.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- 15-20 cookies