When I'm in the mood to meal prep, one of my favorite dishes to throw together is this pad-thai-inspired noodle dish. Unlike a traditional pad thai, this recipe typically comes together with whatever ingredients I have in my freezer or pantry and a healthy five-ingredient almond butter sauce to tie it all together.
Rice noodles, frozen vegetables, and chicken are at the base of this supereasy dish, but sometimes I like to play around with the protein and add a handful of frozen shrimp or a few cubes of crispy tofu to shake it up. The dish can easily be switched up to suit your taste and still result in a filling meal that's just as tasty as it looks. It's versatile and easy to play around with! Read on to find out how to make this delicious noodle recipe for yourself in just 30 minutes.
- 1 16-ounce package gluten-free rice noodles
1 12-ounce package frozen stir-fry vegetables
2 medium chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cups almond butter sauce
- Soak your rice noodles in a large bowl filled with cold or room temperature water, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- While the noodles are soaking, add the olive oil to a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Slice your chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes, and add them to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until they're a light golden brown on all sides.
- Add in the bag of frozen vegetables, breaking up larger chunks with a wooden spoon. For more veggies, add in 1 cup freshly chopped broccoli.
- Once your noodles are pliable, drain them and add them to the saucepan.
- While the vegetables and noodles are cooking, make your almond butter sauce.
- Once all components of the noodle stir-fry are cooked through and the vegetables are hot, drizzle the almond butter sauce over the top, and stir it through to coat all the ingredients evenly. Let cook for two more minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds, soy sauce, tamari, green onions, or finely chopped peanuts, and enjoy!
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- Serves 6 to 8 people
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds