Some nights I crave vegetables and tofu for dinner, and other nights, there's nothing that I want more than a big cheesy bowl of pasta. Mom and home cook Lauren Bower, aka CookLikeAMother on TikTok, understands this craving for carbs so much that she shared a 15-minute fettuccine alfredo recipe that has me wondering why I ever paid for pasta at a restaurant.
The recipe calls for generous amounts of Kerrygold butter, garlic, parmesan, and heavy whipping cream. With so few ingredients and such a short cooking time, this might just make it into my weekly dinner rotation, and my tastebuds are already thanking me. Sneak a peek at the creamy fettucine alfredo recipe for yourself ahead, and maybe whip up a batch of Italian-style breadsticks to pair with this deliciously indulgent dinner while you're at it.
- 2 boxes fettuccini noodles
1 stick Kerrygold butter
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook two boxes of fettuccine noodles until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, melt one stick of Kerrygold butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of minced garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, about two minutes.
- Whisk in two cups of heavy whipping cream. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until thickened.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the sauce for two more minutes and remove it from the heat.
- Pour the sauce over the strained fettuccine noodles and enjoy!
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds