I'm not embarrassed to admit that I use Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning on basically every meal I eat. From eggs to pizza to salad to pasta, it adds the perfect amount of flavor to so many dishes. While I typically sprinkle some on as a finishing touch, there's also a way to use it as a — wait for it — crust. Kelsey Lynch of @traderjoesfoodreviews shared the genius idea to use the seasoning to create a delicious crust on a grilled cheese sandwich, and I'm honestly just upset that I didn't think to do this sooner.
To make the sandwich just like Kelsey did, you'll need two slices of white bread, butter, shredded cheddar cheese, and the bagel seasoning, but of course, feel free to mix up your bread and cheeses to fit your tastes! All you have to do is butter the outside of your bread slices (the sides that face down on the pan), sprinkle on Everything but the Bagel seasoning, add the cheese to the inside of the sandwich, and heat in a pan, flipping the sandwich until both sides are crispy and golden brown and the cheese is gooey. See the TikTok video above, and get ready to have a new favorite snack!
Feel free to use as many kinds of cheeses as you like. The cheesier, the better!
- 2 slices of bread
Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
Your choice of cheese
- Spread butter on the outside of both bread slices (the sides that will face down on the pan).
- Sprinkle the Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend on the buttered sides.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the bread, seasoned side down, and top the unbuttered side with cheese.
- Add the second slice on top with the unseasoned side down.
- Cook until cheese starts to melt, and then flip the sandwich.
- Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Remove and slice in half.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- 1 Sandwich
- Prep Time
- 2 minutes
- Cook Time
- 3 minutes
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds