After gracing us with this magnificently large cosmopolitan in April, Ina Garten is back with another cocktail made to be sipped straight out of a pitcher. The pomegranate gimlets from her new book, Modern Comfort Food ($21), call for only six ingredients, including fresh lime and a few pomegranate seeds to garnish the Insta-worthy drink. The fruity pink cocktail is simple but elegant and almost too pretty to sip, but that's not going to stop us from slurping down a few during our next virtual happy hour.
But we're not the only ones with our eye on the summery drink. "I'm cooking/ baking/ drinking my way through this book, Ina," Jennifer Garner commented on Ina's Instagram post sharing the recipe. "I love it so much." If it's good enough for Jenna Rink, then we'll gladly break out the fancy glasses and say a toast. So grab a cocktail shaker and check out the recipe ahead to test the boozy recipe for yourself.
- 1 1/2 cups gin, such as Tanqueray
1 cup pomegranate juice, such as Pom Wonderful
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
1/2 cup simple syrup
6 teaspoons pomegranate seeds, for garnish
6 lime slices, for garnish
- At least one hour before serving, place six martini glasses in the freezer to chill.
- In a large pitcher, combine the gin, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and add the drink mixture until the shaker is three-quarters full.
- Shake the mixture for a full 15 seconds. According to Ina, it's longer than you think!
- Remove the frozen martini glasses from the freezer and pour the drink mixture into each glass.
- Garnish with a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds and a slice of lime per glass. Serve ice-cold and enjoy!
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 6 drinks
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds