Bright pink and refreshing, this watermelon Rosé margarita is the perfect drink to quench your thirst this summer. Combining fresh watermelon juice, Rosé wine, tequila blanco, and a few other key ingredients, this easy-to-make cocktail will definitely become a new go-to favorite.
If you're new to making cocktails using Rosé wine, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how versatile this ingredient is due to its acidity and harmonizing flavor profile. It also pairs exceptionally well with watermelon flavors, making this duo incredibly refreshing and complimentary on the palate. This combination also provides enough sweetness so that you don't need to add a ton of extra sugar, making this drink a healthier happy hour option.
When crafting cocktails at home, always remember to keep the concept of balance in mind by highlighting different flavor categories such as sour, sweet, salty, and bitter. For this drink, adding fresh-squeezed lime juice perfectly balances those sour and sweet flavors. For a touch of bitterness, add a hint of Aperol. For saltiness, rim the glass with salt to make the watermelon and Rosé flavors pop. And finally, to truly make this drink a margarita, don't forget the tequila!
When creating the watermelon juice for this recipe, keep in mind that half of a small seedless watermelon yields about 14 ounces of juice once the pulp has been removed. Be sure to save the extra juice for a second round!
- Watermelon Juice
1/2 small seedless watermelon
1 tablespoon salt
Watermelon Rosé Margarita
3 oz. watermelon juice, pulp removed
1 oz. Rosé wine of choice
1 1/2 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 oz. tequila blanco
1/2 oz. Aperol
1/2 oz. organic light agave (optional)
Garnish with two watermelon balls and a miniature pink rose
- Cut the watermelon in half, then scoop out 6-8 balls using a melon baller. Place into a bowl or Tupperware, add a squeeze of lime juice on top, then place into the freezer to chill as you prepare the watermelon juice.
- Add the remaining watermelon flesh into a blender or food processor. Purée for 1 minute or until the watermelon chunks turn into juice. Using a fine-mesh strainer, separate the pulp from the juice over a 16-ounce mason jar (save the extra juice for a second round!). Discard the pulp and then set the mason jar aside.
- Rim a glass of your choice with a lime wedge and then dip the top of the glass into the salt to create a salted rim. Set aside.
- Add all drink ingredients into a shaker tin. Add ice, then shake for 15 seconds or until very cold. Strain into the salted glass filled with fresh cubed ice.
- Remove the watermelon balls from the freezer. Using a cocktail pick, add a watermelon ball on either side of a miniature pink rose, then set on top of the drink to garnish. Enjoy!
- 1 Serving
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds