The Top 3 Dorm-Room Style Trends Are NOT What You're Expecting
A new school year means new dorm decor, and online home megaretailer Wayfair knows exactly what college students want this year. By analyzing the shopping patterns of customers visiting Wayfair from a university IP address over the last year and a half, they've determined the 20 schools most likely have stylish dorms as well as the biggest trends in dorm style.
"With space at a premium, it's all about pairing functional items with personal touches to create a comfortable setting that doubles as a study lounge and a place to kick back with friends," said Alex Bowman, lead trend forecaster for Wayfair, in a press release.
Check out the 20 colleges most likely to have stylish dorms below and then click through the slideshow for the top three style trends.
1. Columbia University — New York, NY
2. Purdue University — West Lafayette, IN
3. New York University — New York, NY
4. Cornell University — Ithaca, NY
5. University of Missouri — Columbia, MO
6. Duke University — Durham, NC
7. Texas A&M University — College Station, TX
8. Virginia Tech University — Blacksburg, VA
9. University of Virginia — Charlottesville, VA
10. Boston College — Chestnut Hill, MA
11. DePaul University — Chicago, IL
12. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill — Chapel Hill, NC
13. Northeastern University — Boston, MA
14. Northwestern University — Evanston, IL
15. Mississippi State University — Mississippi State, MS
16. Massachusetts Institute of Technology — Cambridge, MA
17. West Virginia University — Morgantown, WV
18. University of Wisconsin — Madison, WI
19. University of Michigan — Ann Arbor, MI
20. Harvard University — Cambridge, MA