We Tested 15 Cozy Candles That Will Pumpkin Spice Up Your Home
When you think of Fall, you might think of crunchy leaves and seasonal Starbucks drinks. But for many, the most appealing thing about the season is staying indoors with a blanket and a good book. One of the best ways to make your home even cozier for Autumn is lighting candles, especially those with comforting, nostalgic scents. And can you imagine a more Fall-appropriate, widely beloved smell than pumpkin? There's a reason the world goes pumpkin-spice crazy as soon as Labor Day ends!
To simplify your shopping this season, a variety of POPSUGAR editors tested popular pumpkin candles and left individual comments. So if you're hoping to find the perfect candle to pumpkin spice up your home this year, read our honest reviews below!
(POPSUGAR Favorite!) Davids Tea: Pumpkin Chai
Davids Tea Pumpkin Chai ($20) is inspired by the brand's sweet and comforting pumpkin chai tea, with warm notes of cinnamon, cloves, and caramel.
- "Subtle but really nice. Definitely smells like Fall, but not overpowering. It smells organic and not artificial."
- "Amazing! Light and airy but you also get the Fall element."
- "So good. Subtle and Fall-themed, but I would burn it year-round. I feel like this is what Beyoncé's house would smell like on Thanksgiving."
- "Delightful scent that I would never get tired of. Can I have this one?"
Illume: Pumpkin Peppercorn
Illume Pumpkin Peppercorn ($27 for pictured trinket box candle) with notes of pumpkin spiced with sweet peppercorn, roasted cinnamon bark, tangy citrus peel, earthen oak, molten amber, and black vanilla bean.
- "If Fall grew up and went to Harvard and lived in a brick house, it would smell like this."
- "If you had a spell that could capture Fall in a pretty jar, it would smell quite like this."
- "Spicy and sweet, but not too strong. Feels like the scent would warm up the whole house. Perfect for setting the mood for holiday parties."
- "Best one I sniffed. Feels like a hug and a cable-knit sweater while drinking hot cider."
Yankee Candle: Spiced Pumpkin
Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin ($16 for a seven-ounce tumbler) with notes of pumpkins baked in simmering spices of clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- "Exactly what you'd want/expect from a Fall candle."
- "Perfectly Fall-y . . . makes me want to drink a pumpkin spice latte."
- "Reminds me more of Christmas, not Fall, but I still love it."
- "OK, fill my apartment with these please. This is the ultimate Fall candle!"
Candlefish: Scent No. 46
Candlefish No. 46 ($22 for 11-ounce jar) with notes of fresh pumpkin, nutmeg, and anise.
- "This was my favorite and it smells like Charleston."
- "It's a little like what I'd expect a haunted mansion to smell like, but in a good way."
- "Fave! It smells like heaven . . . and Fall, of course."
- "Smells like cinnamon and Fall leaves. A bit sweet for my taste, but I like it!"
Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin ($23 for 14.5 ounce candle) with notes of harvest pumpkin, sweet vanilla cream, and spicy cinnamon stick.
- "Strong AF but still delicious."
- "Like Hot Tamales and pumpkin pie had a sweet, wonderfully scented baby."
- "Cinnamon explosion, but it's great."
- "A little candy-ish, but not bad."
P.F. Candle Co.: Spiced Pumpkin
P.F. Candle Co. Spiced Pumpkin ($12) with ripe pumpkin (fresh from the farmers market), creamy butter, and brown sugar, with a healthy dose of toasted spices.
- "I totally dig this. I want to drink it, but only want 1-2 sips max."
- "This would make my apartment smell incredible. Definitely ONLY Fall-appropriate, though."
- "Love the brand and the way their 100 percent soy candles look, but this was way too buttery for me."
- "Smells like gingerbread cookies."
Yankee Candle: Pumpkin Buttercream
Yankee Candle Pumpkin Buttercream ($16 for seven-ounce tumbler) with notes of pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and clove.
- "Not at all what I was expecting. Very Fall, but with almost fruity afternotes."
- "Strong, but definitely lives up to its name. I want to eat it!"
- "I wouldn't be mad if my house smelled like this."
- "Not bad! It's pretty rich, so I'd have to be in the mood to light it."
Candlefish: Scent No. 78
Candlefish No. 78 ($22 for 11-ounce jar) with notes of warm saffron, cinnamon, pumpkin, and fresh nutmeg.
- "It reminds me of candy and sweet tea."
- "Instagrammable AF, but the scent is too subtle."
- "I would buy this based on looks alone, but I also like that it's not too pumpkin-y."
- "3/5 stars . . . it's a lot to handle."
Bath & Body Works: Pumpkin Pie
Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Pie ($23 for 14.5 ounce candle) with notes of creamy pumpkin, whipped vanilla, and flaky pie crust.
- "Pretty sweet. I kinda want to eat it rather than smell it."
- "Pumpkin goodness — just the right amount of sweet and spicy."
- "Almost like a very sweet chai latte."
- "A little too sweet, but a yummy pumpkin scent nonetheless."
Linnea's Lights: Pumpkin
Linnea's Lights Pumpkin ($34 for 11-ounce candle) with notes of ripe pumpkin and subtle herbal overtones.
- "Very clearly the cream of the crop. Spicy and layered."
- "The best pumpkin candle I've smelled in my life."
- "Reminds me of Christmas more than Fall, but I like it."
- "Spicy, complex, and comforting — I would burn the sh*t out of this."
Yankee Candle: Apple Pumpkin
Yankee Candle Apple Pumpkin ($16 for a seven-ounce tumbler) with earthy notes of pumpkin and clove with a bit of spiced apple.
- "I get mostly apple and not much pumpkin — it would make a great Christmas candle after the Fall season ends."
- "It's really sweet. My mom would love this."
- "Subtly sweet; would light."
- "I like that it's pumpkin but with more spice."
Paddywax: Pumpkin Spice
Paddywax Pumpkin Spice ($13) with pumpkin and spice fragrance notes.
- "Super mild. I could definitely keep this one."
- "Super subtle but I like it! Doesn't really smell like pumpkin spice, but has an outdoorsy Fall vibe."
- "Sweet but subtle."
- "I could keep this burning all evening."
Nest: Pumpkin Chai
Nest Fragrances Pumpkin Chai ($38) with a blend of wild pumpkin, spicy masala chai, cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon notes.
- "Cinnamon delight. Makes me want to curl up with a cup of coffee."
- "This is a candle I would actually use."
- "Musk and spice with a hint of cinnamon. I like that this one is not overly sweet."
- "Nice Fall candle that's good for Fall and Christmas (because of the cinnamon)."
Yankee Candle: Pumpkin Ginger Bark
Yankee Candle Pumpkin Ginger Bark ($16 for seven-ounce tumbler) with notes of snappy ginger, warm pumpkin, and rich vanilla sugar.
- "Interesting combination that kinda smells like chai (which is a good thing)."
- "You definitely get the ginger!"
- "This reminds me of Halloween candy — I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either."
- "Very spicy scent; you can really detect the ginger."
Bath & Body Works: Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake
Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake ($23 for 14.5 ounce candle) with notes of velvety cheesecake, spiced pumpkin, fresh cream, and a golden crust.
- "Smells like buttercream frosting with spice."
- "I smell caramel more than I smell pumpkin."
- "I love sweet smells, so this is the candle for me!"
- "Smells a bit too cheesy for my taste."