Cayenne pepper, lemon, and water are three ingredients that, when combined, morph into the ultimate metabolism-boosting, body-cleansing drink. But what if we told you there's a way to take it a (happy-hour-friendly) step further?
Introducing the aptly named Cleanse-a-Rita. Featuring those key fat burners in addition to tequila and the tiniest bit of agave, this cocktail will leave you feeling ready to party — without the guilt. Can't wait to mix up your own batch? Keep reading for the full recipe.
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
2 ounces lemon juice
1 ounce water
1 teaspoon agave syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lemon juice, water, agave syrup, and small pinch of cayenne pepper with ice.
- Shake vigorously until cold.
- Pour into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge dusted with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Use a store-bought lemon cayenne agave juice, such as the one from BluePrint.
- Pour 3 to 4 ounces into a shaker with ice.
- Combine with tequila.
- Shake until cold.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 1 cocktail