25+ New Ways to Wear Jean Shorts This Summer
If your favorite part about Summer isn't getting to wear denim shorts every day, then you are missing out on a lot. There's something to be said about the essential versatile piece that can take you from the beach to drinks out with the girls without a problem. If you find the right pair, you can even sneak them into your Summer work wardrobre. Seriously!
If you look ahead, you'll find more than 25 outfit ideas, straight from your favorite Latina bloggers, to shamelessly steal this season. But before you can put those looks together, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when it comes to jean cutoffs.
- Choose your denim color wisely. Jean shorts don't come in just one shade, and this is a blessing in disguise. Darker or black washes can really help dress up an outfit, while whites or pastels will make for great boardwalk outfits.
- A blouse instead of a t-shirt can make an outfit. If the goal is to spend the evening on a patio enjoying happy hour with friends, you're going to want to opt for a blouse or nice top, which will really dress up the shorts in an instant.
- Don't understimate the power of heels. Optical illusions are what the Summer heat is made for. Pairing your shorts with heels or wedges will make you have mile-long legs. Can you say winning?
- Jackets and long sleeves are not only OK, but encouraged. The great part about jean shorts is that they can also be a transition piece. If you're on the East Coast, Spring comes and goes as it pleases; consider long sleeves or jackets paired with shorts your backup plan for unexpected chilly days.
- White tees and jean shorts never go out of style. They're a safe bet and what you should reach for when tight on time. You can dress up the look with a cute bag or your favorite jewelry.