Jessica Alba Admits She "Wasn't Truly Confident" About Her Body Until She Became a Mother
Not only is Jessica Alba a sought-out actress, but she's also a mom of two and style icon who manages to find the time to run a billion-dollar company, while still staying fit and healthy. In the June issue of Shape, on sale now, Jessica reveals her secrets to keeping her body permanently bikini ready, saying she actually doesn't like working out. Keep scrolling for Jessica's must-read quotes and to see more pictures of her amazing body in a few stunning bright swimsuits.
- On the secret to her fit physique: "I attribute my athletic body to the martial arts, gymnastics, dance, and strength training I did while filming Dark Angel. That's made me strong and really set the bar."
- On how having daughters has improved her body confidence: "I wasn't truly confident about my body until I had my daughters, Honor, 7, and Haven, 3. I felt more comfortable in my own skin after they were born. Plus, if I want them to be happy with their bodies, I need to walk the walk."
- On what (and who) keeps her moving: "I'm not going to lie. Working out sucks. Which is why I love taking classes, because I'm surrounded by other people and that keeps me motivated and accountable. These days, I do power yoga with light weights in a 105 degree room, so it's a mix of hot yoga and strength training. I also spin. The key for me is good music, like 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Rihanna, Jay-Z, Beyoncé."
- On her must-have snack: "I'm addicted to popcorn. I eat it throughout the day. I'm a scatterbrain with lots of things to do at once, and eating popcorn helps me concentrate. It's my way of dealing with my mind wandering off."
- On her go-to stress reliever: "When I need to zone out and quiet my mind, I listen to a meditation podcast from the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. Each one is literally just three minutes long, so I can go into a bathroom stall or do it in my car. But I'm really intrigued by Transcendental Meditation. Everyone I know who does TM has this inner peace and a glow. I want that."