Geminis are known to some as impossibly hard to love. But, who can blame them due to their split personality and cheeky attitude. Whether you are one or dating one, you know that people of this zodiac sign have some wit to them. YourTango has put together 13 brutal truths about dating a Gemini — read on to see if you agree.
The good, the bad, the GEMINI.
Have you ever felt like the person you're dating is two people at the same time? Trust me, it's not because you're crazy — it may be because you're dating a Gemini.
While we're difficult to love, we're the best kind of people. Known as "the twins" for having two distinct different personalities in one, we're both curious and social, witty and creative, yet emotionally unreachable and difficult to get your hands on.
Here are 13 brutal reasons why dating a Gemini is both sucky and also the best decision you can ever possibly make. Welcome to the world of a walking contradiction!
1. Spontaneity is our middle name. So you're sick of eating at the same restaurants or want a new date spot? Perfect, we are too. Want to try making love someplace new and exciting? We're game. (Although truth be told, having some norms and consistency in a relationship is important to us, too.) But with Geminis, you'll never get bored — but at what expense to your sanity?
2. We're social butterflies. Geminis are anything but homebodies, but then again we love being home. Wait, is that confusing? Exactly. One weekend, we'll want to paint the town red with balls, galas, bars and clubs . . . but the next, we're all about Netflix and the couch.
3. We love to flirt. Geminis are faithful, loyal people, but boooooy do we like to look at the opposite sex! Because we enjoy praise and being the center of attention, we love to receive compliments and feel sexy and wanted — only to come home and be with just you.
4. We're talkative. We ask a lot of questions and first dates with us may seem like interviews. Because we're an air element, we have strong intellects and are skilled debaters and conversationalists. Our partners must also be strong and understand that a good debate is just that: a debate. We don't want an argument; we just enjoy conversing and sharpening one another.
5. We'll keep you on your toes. Love a sarcastic jokester? We're your girl! With the quick wit and smart mouth, we're fun to hang out with but also very frustrating to argue with. Don't get on our bad side.
6. We're creative. Leave a Gemini to decorate your home or come up with a perfect birthday celebration idea. They love to give gifts and create fun experiences, most of which are brainstormed in their fun-filled head. The typical Gemini will love planning the perfect surprises because it helps make their own dreams come true, too!
7. We're flaky. Count on a Gemini to flake at the last minute on plans or want to change the location. If they don't flake or change plans, they'll be 10 minutes late to wherever you were supposed to meet anyway.
8. We're analytical. Geminis are extremely analytical people, which also makes them self-aware. While this seems like the perfect recipe for self-assurance, it actually causes a lot of doubt since they're apt to also consider where they "should" be in life or what they "should" be doing.
9. We're high achievers. Geminis are much more motivated than the average person. They like to achieve and are pretty hard on themselves if they don't get what they strive for. Likewise, they'll want to date someone who's equally ambitious otherwise they'll bore and feel like they're running the show — even though they don't always want to.
10. We spend a lot of money. Deal with it. When I was younger, I used to laugh when I read horoscopes that claimed that Geminis were frivolous spenders. And then I became an adult and was like, "Oh." We make money, we're good at investing (and even saving), but part of our impulsive personality is to purchase whatever we want whenever we want. Because, well, why the hell not? Be spontaneous (see #1).
11. We're a little crazy. Don't women hate that label? Yes, we do! But with two personalities constantly fighting each other, we can seem flippant, all over the place and quite frankly a little crazy. But don't worry, we still love you. We'll calm down from whatever argument we just had in about five minutes.
12. We're curious, which is a nice way of saying "nosy." There's a reason they call us a Jack of all trades, but master at none. Because we're intellectuals, we like information about a variety of things and can pretty much have a conversation about anything. Sadly, we're also good at finding things out and researching. Basically, if you've got secrets, a Gemini will find out.
13. We're conflicted. A Gemini is great at being prim and proper at a dinner party when they actually want to throw their drink across the table because they're the ultimate dual personality. But this also causes internal conflict between emotions and intellect. Emotions rule their world, coupled with very logical thoughts.
Check out more great stories from YourTango:
- 14 Crucial Things Black Women Look For in a Husband
- The 7 REAL Reasons He Blocked Your Ass on Facebook
- 7 Times It's TOTALLY Appropriate to Be the B*tchy Girlfriend