How many times have you put someone else's pleasure before yours? And how many times have you taken the reins and made sure you were also taken care of? Ladies, you should never be afraid to take the lead and make yourself the focal point in bed, which is why we've put together an empowering sex bucket list to tackle immediately. When I spoke with sexologist Dr. Nikki Goldstein, author of Single But Dating: A Field Guide to Dating in the Digital Age about where to begin, she said that it should be "based on things that you truly want to try and not things that you think you should."
We won't feel fulfilled in our relationships with others or with ourselves if we listen to outside expectations more than our own needs. And while the list ahead isn't a one-size-fits-all kind of deal, it is a fun starting point to finding out how you can own your sexuality and ways you can be more confident. Check out 18 things to cross off starting tonight.
- Treat yourself to a fancy sex toy.
- Make a booty call.
- Tie someone up in bed and take total control.
- Learn how to give yourself multiple orgasms.
- Take calls with your crush to the next level and initiate phone sex.
- Have a one-night stand on your terms.
- Dress up in something you feel sexy in, light some candles, and masturbate.
- Indulge in a night of erotic reading.
- Take someone back up to your hotel room.
- Make your date wait to have sex until you say so — whether it's three dates, a month, or longer is up to you.
- Find out what kind of porn you like.
- Tell your significant other exactly how you want it — and be assertive.
- Take initiative with someone you want to sleep with but have been too shy to make a move.
- Tease your date with sexy photos.
- Communicate your sexual fantasies and make them happen.
- Perform a strip tease.
- Take self-pleasure to the next level and experiment with different lubes.
- Tell your partner to get you off.