This girl knows what's up. Twitter user MykeCole shared this photo of his niece Mia's scrapbook, where she listed out the lessons she's learned from film and literary heroines — and it's pretty adorable.
My niece showed me her scrap book. This entry made my heart grow three sizes. Made of hope. pic.twitter.com/I9phjItxCG— Myke Cole (@MykeCole) December 16, 2014
Here's what she wrote (with the books/films they're from):
- "Katniss taught me to survive." — The Hunger Games
- "Hermione taught me to reason." — Harry Potter
- "Tris taught me to be brave." — Divergent
- "Hazel taught me to hope." — The Fault in Our Stars
- "Éowyn taught me to fight." — Lord of the Rings
- "Merida taught me to fight for what I believe in." — Brave
Myke, a novelist himself, also added: "I have a rule with her: she asks and I drop whatever I'm doing and buy her any book she wants." Love that. This story is yet another poignant reminder why strong female heroines — in books and in film — are so important and why reading, period, is essential to the success of the next generation. You go, Mia. Hermione would approve.