What Does Your Date's Favorite Book Mean?
What You Can Tell About Your Dates Based on Their Favorite Book
We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, The Date Report. A person's favorite book can say a lot of things about them. Find out what to expect with these 32 titles!
"What’s your favorite book?" is a loaded question anytime, but on a date, it can be downright terrifying. Fear not, we've searched the depths of middle school syllabi near and far to gather a list of some of the best and worst books in the English-speaking universe, and tell you what in the hell they mean about that person sitting across the table from you.
- The Catcher in the Rye: They went through a moody phase and probably have a solid investment portfolio.
- Cloud Atlas: They see movies, read the book, like the movie better, and will never admit it.
- Brave New World: They're probably just into future theories and sexual liberty, but you might want to have the eugenics talk sooner rather than later. Just in case.
- Game of Thrones: They've got all the patience.
- Pride and Prejudice: They're all about the happy ending and love Judi Dench movies.
- The Art of Fielding: They think everyone (including you) deserves a fair shot.
- Twilight: They're (unconsciously) really into Shakespeare.
- Titus Andronicus: They're really into Shakespeare.
- The Great Gatsby: They're a cynic with a heart of gold and a sad past.
- The Adventures of Huck Finn/Tom Sawyer:They probably spent a lot of time alone in the woods as a kid, which made them kind of awesome.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: They did poorly on the LSATs.
- The DaVinci Code: They're troubled by Beyoncé's Illuminati connections.
- Little Women: This person is growing and maturing through experience. Lock it down.
- The Outsiders: They wear the same boots they did in high school and have an affinity for Bruce Springstein.
- On the Road: They'll always have an extra flannel something you can borrow.
To find out what other books made the list, head to The Date Report: 32 Things You Can Tell About Your Date Based on Their Favorite Book.
Check out more great stories from The Date Report:
- All the Books I Lied About Reading to Impress Guys (and Then Read Anyway)
- 25 Books You Should Read While You're Single
- 5 Relationship Books That are Actually Worth Your While