One of the best parts about Fall is the delicious treats that come with the season. One of those is apple fritters. If you whip up these fritters for your dog, we suggest you serve one to two per 15 pounds of body weight as an occasional meal replacement or treat. Any remaining fritters can be frozen or stored for two to three days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 cup Force dehydrated dog food
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup cooked ground chicken
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. applesauce
- 2 tsp. fresh sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp. dry)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat to begin warming.
- Hydrate the Force with the warm water.
- Stir in the cooked ground chicken, beaten eggs, applesauce, and sage.
- Stir so that everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into balls, and then flatten gently. Carefully transfer each fritter to the pan and sauté for about 4 minutes on each side, until slightly browned and crisp.
- Cool sufficiently before serving.
- Pet Treats, Dog Food
- 12 fritters
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes