Treat your dog or cat to a healthy and homemade dinner that's filled with tasty goodness. Mix together lean ground turkey with carrots and peas for a veggie-filled dish.
And the addition of eggs and oats make this woof loaf even tastier. Your little fluffer will gobble it up.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. In a bowl, mix together the lean ground turkey, chopped carrots, and peas. Both are healthy for cats and dogs, giving them the nutrition they need for strong eyes and good digestion.
- Add the oats and eggs. Mix until the loaf mixture comes together. Oats help your pet's coat shine, and eggs offer extra protein. Lightly grease a loaf pan with olive oil and then add half the mixture to the pan.
- Place the three hard-boiled eggs along the center of the loaf and then cover with the other half of the ground turkey mixture. Pop in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cut a half-inch slice from the cooled loaf and offer it to your pet. He'll be woofing for seconds! If feeding a slice to your feline, it's a good idea to chop it up before adding it to her feeding dish.
- Pet Treats, Dog Food
- Makes 12 servings
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes