This warming meal is perfect on a chilly Fall day. We recommend making in a hearty cast-iron pan, and you can serve it as a special-occasion meal or as a topping to your dog's food.
- 1/2 pound lamb stew meat
1/2 acorn squash
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 handful chopped kale
1/2 cup water, as needed
- Set cast-iron pan over medium heat.
- Dice lamb into small chunks. Approximately 1/4"-1/2" squares.
- Dice acorn squash into small chunks. Approximately 1/4"-1/2" squares.
- Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil to hot pan, add lamb and acorn squash.
- Stir lamb and squash, allowing to brown on all sides for approximately 15 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with water, and stir in chopped kale.
- Turn off heat and allow the kale to cool slowly while the dish cools.
- Pet Treats, Dog Food
- North American
- 5 cups
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds