Target Sells Fanny Packs That Double as Coolers, So Catch Me Stashing Snacks This Summer
As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. If you buy a product we have recommended, we may receive affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
The term "fanny pack cooler" may sound like an odd mashup of nouns that don't belong together, but Target is making this hybrid a reality — in the most chic, affordable way possible, naturally. The retailer recently rolled out its new Sun Squad collection of products for Summer, and among the pastel pool floats and beach-ready lounge chairs are a handful of belt bags lined with insulated material to double as tiny, hands-free coolers.
What sort of situations would these fanny packs be useful for, you ask? Here are a few ideas I've got up my sleeve:
- Toting around snacks like apple slices on a walk or hike
- Keeping your beach drinks cold without having to lug a hefty cooler through the sand
- Storing popsicles or ice cream sandwiches for on-the-go consumption
- Making sure your canned Rosé stays chilled before outdoor sipping
- Carrying a sandwich to the park for a picnic
At the moment, there are two designs available on Target.com — a pink grapefruit one and an iridescent, mermaid-y one — although it looks like there's an additional leafy design in Target stores as well. Keep reading to snag the fanny pack-cooler hybrid you never knew you needed in your life. Which pattern will you choose?