If you have tarnished silver, don't waste time polishing! This quick and easy eco-cleaning process only takes minutes using ingredients you already have on hand. Perfect for silverware or serving platters, gather it all together and make it shine in no time.
What You'll Need:
- Large bowl
- Aluminum foil
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- Line a large bowl or container with aluminum foil. You could even use a plastic soak box for larger serving platters. Use a liberal amount of foil to ensure there aren't any leaks.
- Sprinkle the aluminum foil with the baking soda and cover with the boiling water, creating the magic mix that cleans your silver. The baking soda and aluminum foil create a chemical exchange called an ion transfer, which naturally cleans silver.
- Carefully place the silver in the bowl for a few minutes, and then remove, revealing shining silverware and platters. And this cleaning solution is safe to use as often as needed!
- Silver still tarnished? Create a paste of equal parts baking soda and water, and coat silver. Let the item sit for five minutes, and then wipe clean.
- Use a paper towel to wipe the silver dry, which also gives it a final buffing. You'll be amazed at the shine!
Like how your silver looks? Here's how to naturally clean your jewelry!