This Full-Blood-Moon-in-Taurus Limpia Will Create Space For Stability
Eclipse season continues in the wake of the new-moon-in-Libra solar eclipse, also known as the ring of fire. Now, the full moon in Taurus ushers in a lunar eclipse that spectacularly brings a cycle that began in spring 2022 to an end.
Full moons offer ripe and powerful vibes for cleansing what needs to be released from your life, your spirit, and your energy. Taurus is ruled by Uranus, which is arguably one of the most erratic planets. The full moon in Taurus brings big surprises as well as sudden and sometimes jolting endings and beginnings.
Let's throw a lunar eclipse into the mix to really make things interesting. This lunar eclipse will last about 15 minutes, but the powerful, transformative energy will remain with the full moon for at least two days. Remember that Earth casts a shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse, creating an awe-inspiring sight to see when the moon takes on a reddish hue and lights up the night sky. This amazing display is known as the blood moon.
Between the ring of fire solar eclipse, which occurred on Oct. 14, and the blood moon occurring on Oct. 28, our skies are putting on a show for us all month long. You can choose to sit back and watch as a spectator or you can swim deep in the energy of our lunar companion to shift, change, transform, and invite new beginnings into your life.
When Is the Full Moon in Taurus?
The full blood moon in Taurus will reach its peak illumination on Oct. 28 at 4:24 p.m. ET.
The lunar eclipse will be visible over parts of Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, North America, South America, the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic, and Antarctica. So, you'll likely have a chance to catch it.
What Does the 2023 Full Blood Moon in Taurus Mean?
The Taurus full moon is also known as the Hunter's Moon due to Indigenous people utilizing the moon during these months to hunt and forage food for the winter. Hunting brings in the element of earth, which is associated with Taurus.
The second zodiac sign is the epitome of beauty and all things material. It follows Aries, providing a necessary grounding from the high-powered fiery energy of the ram. Instead of the hasty and explosive approach Aries brings, the Taurean bull is more stoic, taking a moment before acting.
Standing steadfastly on the ground, Taurus is the fertile soil that has weeded out the dead, dry roots, creating an oasis for growth and lasting change. During the Taurus full moon, enjoy a delectable and savory meal while adorned in your most luxurious garb. Heck, put a crown on if you feel inspired. That embodies Taurus energy all day.
Taurus is also associated with the throat and neck, so give that fifth chakra some love during the full moon. You can do this by singing out loud, laughing, speaking your truth, writing and then reading what you wrote, and chanting.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say For October's Full Moon in Taurus?
Great Spirit, I ask to free myself of lower vibrational energies during this blood moon lunar eclipse. I am ready for a change that ushers in stability across all areas of my life. Financial stability, as well as stability within my relationships with family, loved ones, and professionally. I know I am being guided and remind myself of this when challenges arise, knowing you are by my side. Thank you for the growth and transformation. I am ready for it. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So be it.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Taurus?
The Hierophant: The teacher that is set in their ways about the higher power of things, advising on religion and culture among other things.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Taurus?
Heart: Like the chakra that is the bridge between our spiritual and physical worlds, Taurus convenes with compassion and an unconditional love of the earth and all its beauty.
Spiritual-Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Taurus
Basil, ashwagandha, lemon balm, and/or parsley herbs
Amethyst, sodalite, and/or topaz crystals
Sage and palo santo
Ylang-ylang and sandalwood essential oils
1. Begin by bringing a big pot of water to a boil. Then decrease the temperature to a simmer and add a few handfuls of the herbs you'd like to use.
2. While the herbs simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes, you can continue getting your space prepared by burning sage and spiritually cleansing yourself and the room where you'll be doing your limpia.
3. Follow that with Palo Santo, allowing the smoke to flow through your space and around you as you thank the sacred tree.
4. When your simmered herbal water is ready, you can strain it into a large bowl and set it aside to cool. Lukewarm is best.
6. The green candle and crystals you choose can be placed next to the vase. If you feel called, you can write a petition to the universe listing all the things you need to bid farewell to under this full moon and place that folded piece of paper under the candle.
7. Say a prayer, set an intention, and light the candle.
8. Return to your bowl of herbal water and add a few splashes of Florida Water and several drops of essential oils and mix it in with your hands.
9. Add 1/2 cup of sea salt and mix in with your hands until fully dissolved. Sing, pray, close your eyes, and do a moving meditation while you do this.
10. Finally, cover your limpia with flower petals and carry your bowl carefully to wherever you intend to use it. For some it may be a traditional shower, or an outside shower would be fabulous, too. But you can even do this outside without a shower and simply pour the limpia over your body as you pray and release.
11. As the water flows down your body, imagine it cleansing your spirit of all the things you need to release. Give thanks and believe.