How to Look Like a Zombie Without Ever Putting on a Costume
No makeup, costume change, or full moon is necessary to transform yourself into a terrifying werewolf or a stomach-churning zombie. Thanks to a little tech magic, you can incite fear in your friends with chilling photo effects that look a little too real, and then take their photos to zomb-ify them, too! Have a blast this Halloween with these six creepy photo apps for iOS, Android, and the web.
- Zombify (free) — Enter this photo booth as human, exit as zombie. Play with different effects like adding a weapon or different photo effects and even make the image animated.
- Monster Booth HD ($1) — Turn photos into vintage horror film-style, sepia-toned images of zombies, werewolves, vampires, hunchbacks, aquatic beasts, or Frankensteins. The terrifying creatures are set against different eerie, mythical backgrounds, as frightening as the monsters themselves.
- Zombify (free) — Take a photo or add one from your camera roll — then zombify! Send your gruesome portrait to friends and family, or share it on Facebook, Instagram, and other apps.
- Monster Booth Lite (free) — Let the app's auto setting monsterfy photos or do it manually with photo distortion tools that scrunch, blow up, or warp parts of your face, rendering a headshot unrecognizable.
- Make Me Zombie (free) — From the makers of MakeMeBabies and In20Years comes the latest in photo manipulation web technology: Make Me Zombie! Upload a photo and the site turns it into a green grotesque, bloody monster that you can then cheerfully share with friends.
- PhotoFunia: Zombie (free) — If you don't want to deal with picking and choosing effects, this website will do it for you. Just upload a photo and you're set to look like a zombie, complete with a head bandage.