1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. The sponsors of the Sweepstakes are Sugar Publishing Inc. (owner and operator of CasaSugar.com), having and address of 1 Sutter Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104, and west elm, having an address of 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109 ("Sponsor").
3. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. PST on 7/24/2007 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 8/19/07 (the "End Date").
4. The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the 50 United States of America or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of their time of entry.
5. Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive all available products on his or her wish list and have his or her west elm makeover featured on CasaSugar.com (approximate retail value: $5,000). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any product on the winner's wish list that is unavailable at time of prize fulfillment with a product of equal or greater value in Sponsor's sole discretion. One-hundred (100) runners up will receive a $25 west elm gift card. Gift cards subject to standard gift card terms and conditions. Approximate retail value of all prizes: $7,500. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
6. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. The Prize cannot be redeemed for cash and may not be substituted or transferred by the winner.
8. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) Online: go to www.casasugar.com/westelm, complete the "west elm / CasaSugar.com Win Your Wish List Sweepstakes" entry form, including product wish list, and click "Enter Sweepstakes" at the bottom of the completed entry form; or (b) Card & U.S. Mail: Legibly handwrite your name, mailing address and e-mail address on a postcard and mail it to west elm, "west elm / CasaSugar.com Win Your Wish List Sweepstakes," 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109. All entries must be received by the End Date. Only one entry per family unit is allowed (a family unit is those persons having the same last name and address). If a Card & U.S. Mail entry wins the grand prize, Sponsor will ask the grand prize winner to create a product wish list after selection and failure to do so may result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
9. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, including any which may affect your entry or the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, late or illegible entries. Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules are disqualified. Sponsor shall have the absolute right to determine if an entry is in compliance with these Official Rules without notice to the person attempting to enter.
10. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
11. Employees and agents, including their family (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their household (whether or not related), of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, distributors, divisions, agencies or of any related entity, including any consultants to Sponsor, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
12. The Grand Prize winner will be determined by a computerized random selection conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible entries on or around 9/30/2007. Second place prizes will be determined by a computerized random selection conducted by Sponsor from all eligible entries four times over the course of the sweepstakes; on or around 8/19/2007, 8/26/2007, 9/2/2007 & 9/9/2007. All results of the selection are final and binding, subject to Paragraph 13 below.
13. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
14. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a computerized random selection to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
15. The winner will be required to sign, notarize and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Prize and/or Publicity Release. There is typically a fee of $10.00-$15.00 for the services of a Notary Public. Notaries Public can be found at most bank locations, as well as other locations.
16. Attempts to notify the winners will be made by overnight mail, a phone call and an email (if we have one on file) within thirty (30) days of the computerized random selection. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, late or misdirected mail or delivery problems of any kind. If unable to make contact with the winner within thirty (30) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to claim the prize within thirty (30) days after Sponsor first attempts to notify the winner, the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
17. To obtain a list of the official winners (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes), send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: Winners, "west elm / CasaSugar Win Your Wish List Sweepstakes," 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109. Please be certain to specify that you are requesting the "Official Winner List for the west elm / CasaSugar Win Your Wish List Sweepstakes.”
18. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY; SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES.
20. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and ban from any future sweepstakes, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules or tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified and/or banned person.
21. All entry information and materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
22. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. All claims relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco, California.
23. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: Official Rules, "west elm / CasaSugar Win Your Wish List Sweepstakes," 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109.
* * *