I make this every year. It converted my whole family into loving brussels sprouts!
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger spouts halved
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, 1 turn. Add shallots to the pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Brussels spouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth.
- Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer sprouts to a serving dish with a slotted spoon and top with cooked bacon bits.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American