3 candy canes
1 cup heavy cream
- In a spice grinder or a small food processor, grind candy canes to a fine powder. Measure 3 tablespoons, and set aside.
- Reserve remaining powder for another use.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip cream to soft peaks.
- Remove from mixer; whisk or fold in reserved 3 tablespoons powder.
- Some spots of candy may remain in cream, but they will dissolve as they sit and can be folded in after a few minutes for a smoother appearance.
Makes about 2 cups
Candy canes are a cheerful seasonal staple, and when finely ground, they add a heavenly flavor to fresh whipped cream. Top off a mug of steaming hot chocolate with a dollop or two for the ultimate holiday warmer-upper.