1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus 1 teaspoon
2 teaspoons sliced scallions, plus 1 teaspoon
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic, plus 2 teaspoons
Pinch red pepper flakes
4 baby carrots, tops removed, halved lengthwise
4 radishes, quartered
4 baby turnips, quartered
2 tablespoons water
4 baby patty pan squash, quartered
1/4 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into strips
1/4 green bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into strips
1/4 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into strips
1 cup Romanesco florets
4 asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
- Heat a saute pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add 2 teaspoons of the scallions, the ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots, radishes, and turnips and toss to combine. Add the water and saute for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Add the remaining vegetables and saute for 3 more minutes. The vegetables should be slightly undercooked and still have some crunch. Season with black pepper.
- Push the vegetables to 1 side of the pan. In the open portion of the pan add another 1 teaspoon of oil. Add another 2 teaspoons of garlic, an additional pinch chile flakes, and remaining 1 teaspoon of the scallions and stir just to soften.
- Toss everything together with the vegetables. Add the soy sauce and toss to combine. Add 1/4 cup spinach leaves and toss for 1 minute.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water to make a slurry. Add a little of the slurry and bring just to a boil to thicken. Remove from the heat and serve.