Using words to communicate your feelings is so 2005. Let's be real, emoji have become our main platform of communication, and we're not upset about it. And there will be nothing cuter or funnier than posting an Instagram picture of these amazing emoji face cookies! If you're feeling extra thorough, refer to the Emojipedia before creating these hilarious little guys!
- 2-inch-diameter cookies
- Yellow fondant
- Black fondant
- Red fondant
- White fondant
- Brown fondant
- Powdered sugar
- Rolling pin
- Printed emoji stencils
- Paring knife
- Small heart cookie cutters
- Food-safe paintbrushes
- Buttercream frosting
- Start with cookies that are 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll out fondant on a clean surface. Tip: use powdered sugar or cornstarch to help fondant from sticking.
- Use emoji stencils to cut out circles for faces.
- Use various colored fondant for details. Optional: dust hearts and tongues with luster dust.
- Assemble fondant faces using water as glue.
- Cover cookies with buttercream frosting and then add emoji face on top.
- Desserts, Cookies