We know kids love play dough, and this recipe for scented play dough might just be the best thing around. The directions are so easy, you'll forget all about that stuff from the store.
Encourage your little one's budding fine motor skills and entice their noses with scented play dough that is wonderfully soft and perfectly squishy. Along with offering a great scent, using small powdered drink mixes gives this dough seriously vibrant color. And this recipe makes just the right amount for lots and lots of scented play-dough fun.
Keep reading for the directions
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 0.13-ounce packets powdered drink mix
- Measure out then add the ingredients to a saucepan and stir together over medium-high heat. Continue stirring for another two to three minutes while the dough comes together.
- Once the dough pulls together into one big ball, turn off the heat and allow the scented play dough to cool in the pan for five minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a flour-dusted work surface and knead for one minute or until completely cool. Add additional flour as needed.
- Offer the scented play dough to your tot and get squishing! When it's not in use, keep the play dough in a plastic bag or container. This dough will stay soft and playable for months if properly stored.