Introducing the Latest Braid Craze: The Center Plait
Braids have been trending for quite some time now, and no one can seem to get enough of them — whether it's a messy-chic fishtail, a boho waterfall, or an on-trend undercut. And now we're eager to present the latest fad in plaits: the center braid. The look involves a braid going straight down the middle of your head with your hair either left loose or swooped into a bun or ponytail. To help you try it at home, we scored steps from Jenny Balding of the Cutler salon in NYC. Read on to see more inspiring images of the center braid.
- Blow-dry your hair very straight by using a smoothing, straightening lotion.
- Gather a two-inch mohawk section of hair. It should go from the top center of your head down to the nape and end in a point.
- Apply a dry shampoo on this section to create texture and grip.
- Using this section, reverse braid from the hairline right down to the nape and secure it with a small band.
- If necessary, finish the look by using a straightening iron on the loose hair to create a sleek, polished feel.
Source: Getty/Steve Granitz