Selena Gomez got candid in her recent interview with InStyle UK, dishing on everything from her family life to dating Zayn Malik. She also revealed what it's like to hang out with Taylor Swift and even touched on her past relationship with Justin Bieber. Keep reading for some of Selena's best quotes from her latest interview, and then look back at her stunning evolution from Disney star to Hollywood icon.
- On growing up with a single mother: "We used to run out of gas on the highway. I still can't wrap my head around what she did for me."
- On being constantly asked about Justin Bieber: "It's really hard because I'm a nice person. I'm just tired of talking about it. I never intended for my life to become a tabloid story."
- On being friends with Taylor Swift: "People have this fantasy that we're in our underwear, having pillow fights. We just play good music — sometimes live — and eat and hang out."
- On dating Zayn Malik: "If he had asked me out on a date, I would be seen with him. Just kidding, but not kidding."
- On dating: "I hate it. It's hard and I'm weirded out by the idea that a guy has googled me before we meet, and that has happened. I feel like I look 16 sometimes, which is a bummer because I would love to date older guys."
- On posing naked for her Revival album cover after being body-shamed online: "It hurt my feelings because I never experienced that before, but I didn't want [that] to be the story, so I said, 'I don't care what you think!' I'm learning that you can be comfortable and still look beautiful. Some days, I like what I see. Other days I'm like, 'I'm not even going to bother.'"