Taylor Swift has never been shy about sharing her views on love, but her outlook on marriage and eventually starting a family may come as a surprise to her fans. The 24-year-old singer got very revealing about her attitude toward the future when she was featured in an interview for the November issue of InStyle. Keep reading to hear why Taylor may never have children, her thoughts on stars who complain that the press thinks they "party too much," and why she isn't planning on getting married anytime soon.
- On having kids: "I don't know if I'll have kids. It's impossible not to picture certain scenarios and how you would try to convince them that they have a normal life when, inevitably, there will be strange men pointing giant cameras at them from the time they are babies."
- On getting married: "I'm too young to get married. Not agewise, but I know myself, so why try to meet someone right now when I know I'm too young to do something serious?"
- On her relationships: "I've only had three real relationships, and none of them lasted more than four months."
- On dating while being famous: "I haven't gone near a guy in a year and a half. There are usually 15 paparazzi waiting outside my house, so if I'd had a guy over here, there would have been photos of him. I have friends who will say to me, 'The press is hating on me for partying,' and I'm like, 'Then why don't you stop partying?' If you honestly want them to have nothing to write about, give them nothing to write about."
- On a future in politics: "I've thought about if I were to be passionate about something political, stepping forward and speaking about it. At this point I have my hands full, but as with everything in my life, when I come upon something I'm passionate about, I'm very vocal about it, so we'll see."