Darren Criss and His Fiancée, Mia Swier, Have Been Together For Ages — Get to Know Her Better
When The Assassination of Gianni Versace star Darren Criss nabbed his first-ever Emmy on Monday, he gave a sweet shout-out to his fiancée, Mia Swier. The adorable pair have been together for quite some time and tend to keep a low profile, but Darren was quick to call her out on the big stage with a line that we're still swooning over: "You roll the windows down and you pump the music up in my life," he said to her.
We're not crying . . . you are!
But we digress. We may know a lot about Darren, thanks to his time in the spotlight, but there's so much to learn about Mia — like all her ties to music. Keep reading for a few fun facts about her, and scroll through to see the pair on Darren's big night.
- She and Darren have been together for several years. When Darren announced their engagement in January, he mentioned they'd been together for seven and a half years, so we're guessing the two have been together for around eight years at this point.
- She's worked for Fox, Showtime, and many other networks. Mia went to New York University, according to People, and has worked as a writer, director, and producer for NBC, ABC, USA, Fox, Showtime, and more.
- She started a Guns N' Roses tribute band. Mia and her friends started Guns N' Hoses, a GNR tribute band, and she plays bass as Mia Von Glitz.
- She founded a production company. In 2009, she and Dan Bricker cofounded Effin Media and produced A (Not So) Civil Union, a mockumentary that they cowrote and directed.
- She and Darren own a piano bar in LA. In April 2018, the two opened their piano bar, called Tramp Stamp Granny's, an homage to Mia's grandma, she told LA Weekly.