Blackpink Aren't Just Amazing Performers, They're Also Great Friends: "We Care For Each Other"
Although the members of Blackpink come from a variety of backgrounds — Lisa is from Thailand, Jennie spent most of her youth in New Zealand, Jisoo was born and raised in South Korea, and Rosé comes from Australia — they've spent the majority of the last nine years with each other. When they first met during their trainee days, they weren't even sure if they'd all make it together as a group. Now they consider each other "sisters," and their connection is clear in almost everything they do.
With their practically seamless performances and adorable interviews, it's no wonder they've become close friends — they even live together! In honor of their documentary Blackpink: Light Up the Sky, which premiered on Netflix on Oct. 14, read some of their cutest quotes about their friendship.
Blackpink's Quotes About Friendship
- "We've known each other for about nine years now. We feel like a family and we know so much about each other that there are no more surprises." — Blackpink
- "We all know that we care for each other so we can tell what each other wants just by looking at each other. Caring for each other just comes naturally to the four of us." — Blackpink
Jennie and Jisoo's Quotes About Friendship
- "After our training time was over, we'd go home together and order food, talk about how scary the teachers were, how the work was too much. And just like how kids at school become friends, we just got along. It was very easy — we didn't really have to try." — Jennie
- "We wanted to show the more honest, genuine sides of our ourselves, so through having heart-to-hearts and very genuine and honest conversations, we were able to get to know each other even deeper. And I think we realized just how much we mean to each other." — Jisoo
Lisa and Rosé's Quotes About Friendship
- "Knowing I was not alone and being with the people beside me gave me the most strength. I talked a lot with my members, since they had the same dreams as me and went through the same things. Thanks to the members [of Blackpink], I was able to carry on." — Lisa
- "We grew into something we didn't even know was possible . . . We're always learning from each other, and we're a great team." — Rosé