- February: Ryan sat down for an interview and happily divulged how he and Blake first got together: "We were buddies. I remember it was funny because for about a year after Green Lantern had come and gone and all that stuff, we were both single. We went on a double date. She was on a date with another guy, and I was on a date with another girl. That was the most awkward date [from their perspective] probably because we were just like fireworks coming across." Is your heart melting yet?!
- March: Dressed to kill and arm in arm, Blake and Ryan made quite a splash at the White House State Dinner.
- April: The happy parents announced that James was getting a little sister in the Spring after photos of Blake's baby bump emerged while she was on the set of her shark flick, The Shallows.
- June: Blake joked around with Jimmy Fallon about what it's like to have a sex symbol for a husband. "It's kind of torture these days because I'm on a plane and everywhere I look, every screen is my husband in a sex montage throughout the holidays with another woman," she laughed. "Everybody wants to watch Deadpool on the plane. Everyone!"
- July: Marie Claire's July issue not only had plenty of gorgeous photos of Blake but also a few tidbits about why she knew she was meant to be with Ryan: "I knew he would always be my best friend for my whole life. That was the biggest thing to me. I'd never known anything like the friendship that I had with him. I could like him as much as I loved him."
- December: At the unveiling of Ryan's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the pair also unveils their two little girls for the first time in public.