Are you ready to watch comedian Nicole Byer and chef Jacques Torres politely eat some of the most hideous baked creations the world has ever seen? Yes? You're in luck — season three of Netflix's hilarious baking competition, Nailed It!, is returning for season three on May 17!
On every episode of the endearing series, we get to watch three amateur contestants compete to re-create complicated, gorgeous, and whimsical cakes or treats that are beyond Instagram-worthy. Few of the bakers ever get even remotely close, but as long as they're the best of the worst, they can earn either a fancy prize (like a Kitchen Aid mixer, for instance) or the ultimate pot of $10,000. (Also, they get to shoot a gold money gun, which is the best prize of all if you ask us.)
Between Byer's nonstop one-liners and Torres's barely-controlled laughter upon seeing some of the wild creations that some of the contestants serve up — we're still not over that princess tower cake, to be quite honest — it's an incredibly fun ride. Below, read Netflix's official descriptions of each of the six episodes you'll get to watch in season three:
- The Marvel Episode! — "The bakers summon their not-so-super powers to make Marvel-themed cupcakes with detailed cookie toppers and a daunting Black Panther cake. Actress and gaming icon Felicia Day joins the judge's panel."
- Cake-O-Phobia — "What's scarier than a cook who can't read a recipe? A trio of creepy-crawly bug cookies and a terrifying clown cake that tastes like cotton candy. Baking magician Natalie Sideserf joins the judge's panel."
- Masterpiece or Disasterpiece? — "The amateur bakers attempt to imitate the masters with gingerbread self-portraits and a sculpted cake replica of Michelangelo's "David." Actress and comedian Betsy Sodaro joins Nicole and Jacques on the judge's panel."
- Prehistoric Bakes — "The contestants turn back time — and mangle time management — with inside-out Neanderthal cupcakes and a tropical-flavored T. rex cake. YouTube sensation and baker Rosanna Pansino guest judges."
- Oui Can't Bake! — "The pressure's on to make perfectly puffed éclairs and a layered bust of Napoleon Bonaparte for not one but two esteemed French chefs as esteemed pastry master Hubert Keller joins the judge's panel."
- Ready to Wear, Ready to Eat — "Two high-fashion challenges put the bakers' hopeless skills to the test: fondant-covered doll cakes and an edible headdress heaped with fruit. Humorist and pastry chef Charles Phoenix join Nicole and Jacques on the panel."