Alive: The Remaining Members of the Losers Club
At this point I imagine you're reading this like, "Damn, does anyone make it out of this movie alive?" and I promise they do. Essentially all of the main characters survive — Mike, Richie, Bill, Beverly, and Ben — and are able to move on from their trauma following Pennywise's defeat. Here's where they end up:
- Mike: The historian of the bunch gets to give up his post at the library and presumably drives out of town towards Florida, where he's always wanted to live.
- Richie: We can assume Richie continues his career as a successful up-and-coming comedian post-Derry. It also seems like he's able to accept his sexuality, as well as his unresolved feelings for Eddie.
- Bill: Unlike in the book, Bill's wife Audra never travels to Derry or is terrorized by Pennywise in the film. She's still an actress, though, and we get a glimpse of her working with Bill on a horror movie based on his latest book. The end of the sequel shows him presumably still with Audra (though she doesn't appear onscreen), moving on from what happened by working on a new novel in his home's study.
- Beverly: Beverly grows up to become a famous fashion designer and get married, but her husband ends up being just as violent and abusive as her father. The trip to Derry, though obviously traumatic in many ways, does give Beverly a fresh start — she finds the strength to leave her husband and move on romantically with Ben.
- Ben: Is Ben not the best?! The adorable New Kids on the Block fan becomes a hunky, incredibly successful architect, and has held on to his crush on Bev all these years. They share a kiss at the end of the film, and their last scene shows them happily sharing a cocktail on a yacht together.
So, there you have it! That's who does (and doesn't) survive Pennywise's murderous, final reign of terror in Derry.