The 1 Simple Hack That'll Make Changing Your Bed Sheets 1000% Easier
I loathe changing my bed linens — and it's got nothing to do with folding sheets or replacing duvet covers. No, it's because somehow, no matter how confident I am when beginning to wrap a fitted sheet on my mattress, I always, always get it wrong. Here's how the process usually devolves:
- Unfold fitted sheet, inspect its dimensions, and locate the long side.
- Secure first corner, the bottom left, in place.
- Attempt to cover the next corner, the top left, but don't have enough slack.
- Realize, despite visual-spatial aptitude, it's on wrong.
- Repeat steps 1-4 no fewer than three more times.
- Finish securing fitted sheet, then need to sit down to catch breath.
Turns out, there's a "why didn't I think of that?!" solution courtesy of home textile brand Lime & Leaf, which just launched a new "Make It Easy" bedding labeling system that solves one of the biggest headaches associated with using freshly laundered sheets: "orienting the bottom sheet to the mattress on the first try, every time," promises Lime & Leaf's founders, Kari LePage and Lori Morris.
Each of the clever line's fitted sheets includes a prominent cloth label reading "END" at both, well, ends so you can finally distinguish them from the long sides! "No more guessing or flipping around," they told POPSUGAR. Genius, right?
For your existing sheet sets, it's an easy enough hack to DIY. You can sew a small cloth swatch to each end as a reminder or discreetly mark the ends with a permanent-marker dot — it'll be hidden under the mattress, so no worries about it being visible. If you want it even more foolproof, denote each corner with its exact coordinates (BL for bottom-left and TR for top-right, for instance).
Lime & Leaf's new "Make It Easy" collection has two other tips to help make the bed-making experience less terrible: