Support them at home.
There are a lot of ways to support your kiddo at home to make sure they are ready and excited for school every day:
- Work with them on numbers, letters, and other skills.
- Craft with them and be creative if you can make the time.
- Read the notes home that teachers send (you don't want your kid to be the only one who forgets to wear PJs on pajama day)
- Empty their backpacks and try not to freak out that glitter is going to be all over your house from their latest art project — they worked really hard on it!
- And most importantly, listen to their stories that go into mind-numbing detail about the day's Play-Doh activities. They'll only be this little for so long!