DVF's Bringing the '70s Back — With a Hint of Glitz and Glam
A few key elements we knew to expect at DVF's Fall 2016 show? Those classic wrap dresses and some
While items the designer is known for were present, from waist-accentuating styles to playful little prints, there were also plenty of gold, some leg-baring styles, and dresses that mixed materials. It's also worth noting how big accessories were for this season, with cloche hats, neck scarves, and bucket bags pulling looks together and giving them personality and flair. Read on to see all the stunning looks, and then check out everything that went down — behind-the-scenes and beyond — at DVF.
- Trends: Low-cut and leggy styles, floral embellishments, neck accessories (from chokers to scarves), furry stoles, mixed-media pieces, and '70s-inspired items.
- Colors: Gold, black, white, red, cobalt blue, and pink.
- Shoes: Suede boots and booties and ankle-strap heels.
- Bags: A mix of bucket and small pouch styles.
- Details You Might Have Missed: How the models matched the set behind them and the circular embellishments on Kendall's scarf.
- Key Prints: A variety of spots and dots, as well as an X design.
- Who Would Wear It: Fashion lovers who crave feminine pieces that never go out of style.