See If You Can Spot This It Model Blending In on the Dior Runway
Jennifer Lawrence, Rihanna, Charlize Theron — it's glamorous ladies like these who always wear Dior designs, showing off the timeless, tailored creations like the pros they are. But for Fall '16, there was different famous face wearing a furry-collared coat as she graced the catwalk: Kendall Jenner.
While we're unsure of what this means for the It model — a future campaign, perhaps? — we didn't dwell on it, despite the fact that this was Kendall's Dior debut. We were too captivated by the collection of feminine, double-breasted coats, off-the-shoulder items, masterfully mixed prints, and pointed-toe booties. The second collection without Raf Simons was definitely edgier than we're used to seeing, but we're not complaining. The dark, elevated pieces are still ones we'd live in all Fall long — and perhaps we will once they hit stores later this year!
Keep scrolling to see all the looks that made their way down the runway — including the chic one Kendall was wearing — but first, check out trends and tidbits you need to know.
- Trends: Off-the-shoulder, peplum jackets, ruffles, statement sleeves, funnel necks, and mixed prints or material.
- Colors: Black, navy, cream, burnt orange, with occassional pops of yellow, cobalt, and pink.
- Shoes: Two-tone, lace-up pointed-toe booties, complete with side cutouts.
- Prints: A variety of florals and paisley-like designs.
- Bags: Small structured purses that featured thicker straps, patterns, and furry details. But the quilted design was still in the mix!
- Details You Might Have Missed: Stacks of embellished rings on all the models' hands and edgy earcuffs and earrings.
- Must-See Moment: Kendall making her Dior debut!