Victoria Beckham Designed a Collection For the Modern Schoolgirl That's All Grown Up
Every season, Victoria Beckham works an element of surprise into her collection. She stays true to her signature silhouettes: tailored coats and vests, structured dresses that still show off the figure, and movable skirts that fall just below the knees so as to show off functional loafers — this season featuring slices and buckles.
But look at how she's mixed up her classic checks. They give off the illusion of pixelated prints on eye-catching midis, which don't feel too dizzy thanks to a muted color palette: olive green, deep navy blue, cranberry, and burnt orange. Then there are the playful twists. From unexpected midriff cutouts on bustiers to sweaters splashed with bandeau-like graphics, Ms. Beckham got a little psychedelic for Fall 2016 but, of course, in the most posh way possible.
- Trends: Structured suiting, artful graphics.
- Colors: Cranberry, olive green, navy blue, burnt orange.
- Shoes: Buckled, pointed-toe loafers with sliced cutout uppers, square midrise boots with chunky soles.
- Details You Might Have Missed: The slightly rugged, raw hemline on some of the tailored separates.
- Bags: Luxe clutches — one furry one — to tote at the side as a sophisticated extension of the look.
- Key Prints: Pixelated plaid, bustier-patterned sweaters.
- Who Would Wear It: The sophisticated, sexy working woman.