21 Ways to Shape Up in 5 Minutes or Less
An hour-long gym session isn't always in the cards, but fitting in a five-minute workout? A breeze. Take your pick from any of these short and sweet five-minute workouts to make your day a little healthier in no time at all. Summer, here we come!
- Morning yoga: No matter how hectic your morning, your day will benefit from a few minutes on the mat. Try this five-minute yoga sequence to start your day centered.
- Sexy-arm sculpt: Want to show off sculpted arms this season? Follow along to our five-minute sexy-arm video workout with celebrity trainer Astrid McGuire.
- Pilates ab workout: This Pilates ab workout — called the Series of Five — actually only takes a couple of minutes to complete, but you can repeat or add other moves (like burpees or push-ups) in between for a five-minute workout that'll make you sweat.
- Inner-thigh workout: This five-minute inner-thigh workout targets your lower body while also adding a bit of heart-pumping cardio to your day. Watch how it's done with our convenient workout GIFs.
- Total-body bed workout: It's true — you don't even have to get out of bed in order to work your entire body. This five-minute total-body bed workout uses three moves that will tone from head to toe.
- Julianne Hough's leg workout: How to get strong, toned gams like dancer and actress Julianne Hough? Check out this five-minute thigh-blasting workout, courtesy of Barry's Bootcamp trainer Alycia Stevenin.
- Busy-girl workout: Do this five-minute basic workout three times a day to see results in no time. It's a great way to break up your workout into manageable chunks of time.
- "Wake up and warm up" workout: Print out this five-minute wake-up workout poster, and keep it by your bed. Then add the moves to your morning routine to feel energized, no coffee required.
- Slimmer, stronger leg workout: Toned legs look great in shorts, but that's not the only reason to build those lower-body muscles. Boosted metabolism and impressive strength are just two more reasons to learn this five-minute leg workout and add it to your routine.
- Full-body chair workout: Stuck at your desk? You can still get a full-body tone-up. Follow along to this five-minute total-body chair video workout to get fit at your desk.
- Mat ab workout: Get on the floor the next time you're watching TV, and do this no-equipment five-minute ab workout. You'll work on a stronger core without having to step in a gym.
- 200-calorie workout: Yes, it's a little intense, but if you do this workout right, you could burn 200 calories in just a few minutes! Get the calorie-blasting, five-minute workout here.
- Power workout: Improve your strength and feel more powerful with this five-minute plyometric workout. If you like to jump, this workout is for you.
- Couch workout: When you just don't have time to get to the gym, sneak a few minutes of calorie-burning moves into your day by throwing on sweats, turning on your favorite TV show, and doing this five-minute couch workout.
- Core challenge: Think you've got what it takes to crush this five-minute core challenge? Print out the poster and strengthen those abs a few minutes at a time.
- Posture-perfecting workout: If you're sick of always hunching over, this five-minute back workout is for you. It helps strengthen back muscles so you stand taller, look slimmer, and run better in no time.
- Muffin-top workout: Say goodbye to love handles just in time for Summer. This five-minute muffin top workout will strengthen your back, glutes, and abs to help diminish the appearance of a muffin top.
- Leg-shaping workout: This quick lower-body workout will help shape those legs and burn calories. It may look simple, but you'll definitely feel it.
- Cardio ab workout: This five-minute ab workout has a bonus: the moves will elevate your heart rate for a quick cardio session too.
- Butt workout: If you've got a few minutes to spare, you can tighten up that derriere! Get our five-minute butt workout here.
- Five-move arm workout: It doesn't get much simpler than this for toning those arms. Grab a pair of dumbbells and perform each of these five arm moves for a minute each for an effective and short upper-body workout.