- 1/2 tablespoon refined coconut oil or vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted, raw cashews
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 bunch curly kale, stems removed and broken up into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with the parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the coconut oil and cashews together until the mixture resembles peanut butter. Add and process all the remaining ingredients except for kale.
- In a large, clean, and dry bowl, combine the cheesy mixture with the kale. With your fingers, rub the cheese mixture into the kale leaves until each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the kale is dry and crisp; there should be no moistness. If a few larger pieces are not cooked thoroughly, return the undercooked pieces to the oven for another 20 minutes, or until they are dry. Store the kale chips in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Protein: 7.98 grams
Carbohydrate: 11.8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3.3 grams
Total Sugars: .629 gram
Total Fat: 10.6 grams
Saturated Fat: 5.595 grams
- North American