If you've never tried a shampoo bar before, it's time to start! This bar's moisturizing base is made from oatmeal soap and nourishing oils, while the orange zest adds a refreshing citrus scent and the rosemary and salt help strengthen and add volume to your hair. Not only is this bar all-natural and sulfate-free, but it's also easy to take on the go. Get ready to shake up your shower routine!
- 1 pound oatmeal melt-and-pour soap base, chopped
1 teaspoon shea butter
1 teaspoon castor oil
1 teaspoon almond oil
1 packet orange food coloring
30 drops grapefruit essential oil
20 drops orange essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
2 oranges, zested
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon sea salt
Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Special tools: silicone mold
- Wash an 8-cavity soap mold and place on a baking sheet to dry.
- Place the chopped soap base into a large bowl and set on top of a pot of simmering water. Make sure the heat/flame on the water is medium-low to avoid burning the soap base.
- Stir the soap base occasionally until melted, about 15 minutes. Turn off the burner and add the shea butter, castor oil, almond oil, and food coloring. Stir together until the shea butter melts. Add the three essential oils. Mix in the orange zest, rosemary, and sea salt. Place a glass measuring cup in the microwave on high for 3 minutes until the glass is very hot. Transfer the shampoo mixture into the measuring cup.
- Spray the molds with rubbing alcohol. Pour the shampoo mixture into the mold about 3/4 of the way full. Use a spoon or popsicle stick to stir the mixture in between each pour so the rosemary and orange zest don't settle. Spray the top of the bars with rubbing alcohol one more time to help prevent any air bubbles. Allow it to set at room temperature for about 15 minutes, then transfer to the freezer for another 15 minutes. Pop the shampoo bars out of the mold and allow them to set overnight. Rub onto wet hair in the shower to nourish and add volume to your hair.
- North American
- 8 shampoo bars