Maintaining an active lifestyle is important for everyone, so we partnered with Chobani Simply 100® to help you find ways to sneak fitness, protein, and fiber into your day.
Creating a healthy work-life balance for yourself is just as important as getting things done (in fact, they typically influence each other). So even if you can't find the time to leave your desk for a workout, there are plenty of things you can do, from packing a protein-rich snack to doing strength-training moves right in the office. Your total-body challenge is right this way:
Core Ab Lift
If you've ever been guilty of slouching your shoulders behind a computer, developing a stronger core will help you maintain better posture. Here's a quick move you can do right in your seat.
- Place your hands on the seat of the chair, then press into your palms and lift your butt a few inches off of the seat.
- Keeping your knees bent, lift them as high as you can, then slowly release your butt back to the chair.
- Repeat two to four more times (if your chair is on wheels, embrace the extra challenge).
Getting out of your chair to walk around the office is important, but you can do much more than that with just a few free minutes. Try this thigh-burning move to firm up your legs and work your core.
- Start by standing with your back flat against a wall.
- Slide your back down, and walk your feet out until your knees hit a 90-degree angle (ankles should align with knees).
- Hold the position for one minute (or longer if you can).
Standing Calf Raises
Now that you've worked your thighs, it's time to focus on your calves. Here's an easy move that requires no equipment.
- Stand with your feet parallel to each other, about four to five inches apart.
- Lift your heels up slowly, taking two counts to get to the top of the motion.
- Lower down in two counts.
- Repeat 12-15 reps.
- If it's too easy, search the office for full water bottles and hold one in each hand for an added challenge.
If you have a sturdy desk or nonrolling chair, then this basic bodyweight move is for you (you can also do them on the ground). Aim to complete 12-15 reps. Here's how to get into proper positioning:
- Place your hands shoulder width apart on a secured bench or chair or the ground.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out.
- Keeping your shoulders down and away from your ears, straighten your arms (keep a slight bend in your elbows).
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Standing with your back toward a chair, place your right foot on the chair seat and hop forward with your left leg until you feel stable.
- Place hands on hips, and bend your left leg down toward the floor (watch your front knee so that it doesn't go over your toe).
- Once you've squatted down to a comfortable position, use your glutes to squeeze and stand up straight.
- Complete 10-12 reps before switching legs.
More From Chobani Chobani Simply 100® is the perfect secret weapon to keep in your fridge when those cravings hit. It's a quick and easy snack, with 12 g protein, 5 g fiber, and 0 g fat and no artificial sweeteners, helping you balance your day and get you to your goals the right way. Try one of the 11 delicious flavors today! *Chobani Simply 100® Greek Yogurt, 7 g sugar; regular fruit yogurt, 29 g sugar per 5.3 oz.