The next time you're craving Chinese, skip the delivery and make your own delicious and nutritious stir-fry at home. This easy recipe requires just eight ingredients and will be ready on the table in less than 20 minutes. The best part? Each satisfying serving clocks in under 300 calories and boasts over 22 grams of protein. Make it for dinner tonight, and enjoy the even-better leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
To make this dish Paleo-friendly, use coconut aminos in place of the miso, and apple cider vinegar rather than rice wine vinegar.
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 head broccoli, florets only
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free miso
- 3-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- Sesame oil, for cooking
- 1 1/2 pounds wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and broccoli, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, cook the miso, ginger root, vinegar, and chives in a generous drizzle of sesame oil over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook for 10 minutes, flipping over the shrimp halfway through, or until they are curled and opaque when cut in half.
- Stir in the drained beans and broccoli, and serve immediately. Leftover shrimp can be refrigerated for two days.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 servings
- Calories per serving