Lighten up your Taco Tuesday — or make every day a taco day — with this gluten-free, vegan version of "tacos" made from beans and quinoa, stuffed into lettuce cups. Australian trainer and fitness star Emily Skye crafted this fresh and healthy recipe that takes mere minutes to cook and prepare. They'll make a delicious lunch or dinner, and you'll be fueling your body with plant-powered protein.
Makes four tacos; serving size is two tacos.
- 4 baby romaine lettuce leaves
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 teaspoons taco seasoning, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cup black beans, well rinsed
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 small carrot, grated
1 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, sliced
- Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan over medium to high heat, and fry onion until soft and translucent.
- Add beans, quinoa, garlic, seasoning, and water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook for two to three minutes.
- Serve bean mixture in lettuce cups, topped with carrot, tomato, and avocado.
- Main Dishes, Beans
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving
- 547 for two tacos