These sweet, buttery Paleo Butterfingers are made with just 7 ingredients and a surprise inside! A bite-sized treat reminiscent of your favorite candy bar that's gluten-, grain-, dairy- and refined sugar-free.
Growing up, butterfingers were one of my favorite candy bars. There's something about a candy bar with a hard chocolate outside and a creamy, crunchy inside that I cannot resist. So, we transformed this childhood favorite into a decadent, Paleo-friendly treat that keeps things simple and healthy.
To give the bars that signature orange center, we used pureed pumpkin. While you can't taste the pumpkin in the recipe, you do get an extra creamy texture that's to-die-for when combined with the dark chocolate.
PS: You don't have to be a confectioner to make these candy bar knock-offs. In fact, they're no-bake; you just have to warm the nut butter and coconut sugar to melt them together to give the bars their sweet, nutty crust. With the dark chocolate and pumpkin layered on top, these heavenly Paleo Butterfinger bars are guaranteed to have everyone coming back for more!
- 1 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup unsalted almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/4 cup dark chocolate
Optional: sea salt for sprinkling
- Bring a small saucepan to low heat. Add butter, almond butter, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Stir until the ingredients are combined and the mixture becomes sticky, about 3-4 minutes.
- Line a 9x5-inch meatloaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- Spread the mixture from the saucepan into an even layer on the pan. Be sure to spread it into the corners as well.
- Next, layer the pumpkin over the crust in an even layer.
- Place in the fridge to set while you prepare the chocolate.
- Make the chocolate by melting chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Spread the chocolate into an even layer over the bars. Optional: sprinkle with sea salt and place extra chocolate chips on top, gently pressing into the chocolate so they set.
- Place back in the fridge to set 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and lift the bars out of the pan with the parchment paper.
- Place on a hard surface. Slice into 12 bars using a large knife and devour!
- Desserts, Candy
- North American
- 12 bars
- Total Time
- 34 minutes, 59 seconds