Commercial candy is often filled with added sugar, preservatives, and chemicals, but you can treat yourself to the flavors of the holiday season with this homemade treat, mint chip truffles. Peppermint Pattie and Junior Mints fanatics will flip for these tasty treats, so consider making a batch for some DIY gifting. Sweet and refreshing like the classic you're craving, this Paleo-friendly treat clocks in at less than 70 calories per serving.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons coconut butter or coconut manna
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons mint extract
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- For the coating:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- Place the coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, and vanilla extract into a bowl, and combine until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- The mixture will be soft, so place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until you can form the batter into 1-inch balls with your hands. Roll each ball in the cacao powder.
- Set the truffles on a plate, and refrigerate to solidify.
- Serve chilled.
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Candy
- North American
- Makes 12 truffles
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving