Top the finished oatmeal with a crumble of chopped pecans or walnuts for some extra crunch.
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups almond milk
1 cups water
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Scoop the coconut oil into your slow cooker and use your fingers to rub it around the base and halfway up the sides.
- Add the chopped apple to the base of the slow cooker and then sprinkle with the cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar. Top with the oats.
- Pour over the almond milk and water and then set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- In the morning, give the oats a stir, and serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped nuts, slivered strawberries, or a drizzle of maple syrup. But it's also delicious to scoop straight from your slow cooker into a mason jar and enjoy as you walk out the door.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American
- 4 cups oatmeal
- Total Time
- 7 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff